CMC Bugatti T35 Nation Color Project – Spain, 1924
Limited Edition 2000 pcs.
For Ettore Bugatti, building cars was simply a matter of seeking perfection or, in other words, a kind of art which must be presented in an aesthetic way. The Type 35 started an era during which Bugatti became the most prominent make in motor sports for approximately seven years.
With the “Nation Colour Project,” we intend to bring the commemoration of colourful racing scenes of the 20s and 30s right to your living room. Rules had it that each participant car of a Grand Prix be decked out in the designated colours of its homeland. This model is finished in the official colour pattern of Spain.
It was the motor sports craving France that organized the very first “Grand Prix” race in 1906. Following the conclusion of WWI, other countries began to host the so called “Great Prices” races, as well. With the popularity of “Grand Prix” growing in the world, it soon became synonymous with international motor racing.The black and white pictures in the contemporary archives, however, are unable to do justice to all the colourful race cars of the 1920s and 1930s. Actually, since rules had it that each participating team must have its car(s) donned in a nation specific colour pattern, the starting field was usually a
very bright, multicoloured scene.With this in mind, CMC has focused on the Bugatti T35 Grand Prix model, the most dominating race car of its time, to show the diversity of its existing nation specific colours.
What you are looking at is a highly detailed precision replica, where the correct colour pattern is our main focus.
The Bugatti T35 predominated the Grand Prix races like no other race car of its era. So based on this car, we would like to present to you the official country colors from those decades.
Note: We do not claim that the appearance of our model as well as its decals (starting numbers) are historically accurate. Nor do we make reference to a certain race or driver with these models.
- Hand-assembled metal precision model made of more than 930 single parts
- Authentic replication of the body, crafted true to scale
- Finished in the once officially designated red and yellow racing colours of Sweden (Starting number 18 and any other labeling on the body are fictitious)
- Side-mounted spare wheel, fastened with leather belts
- Compact front axle of metal. Painted in a dull silver finish
- Two-winged engine hood with perforated cooling louver. Hinged opening mechanism and two fastening leather belts
- Metal chassis with ventilation slots perforated in the lower part of the car body longitudinally
- Radiator grill and stone-chipping protection fence made of metal
- Fully functional metal compound springs at the front and rear axle
- Removable two-winged tank cap made of stainless steel
- Highly detailed 8-cylinder in-line-engine, including all aggregates, cabling and pipes
- The gearshift and handbrake lever outside of the cockpit allows for operational movement symbolically
- The driver’s windshield can fold down on a leather pad
- Fitted rear view mirror fixed with acorn nuts
- True-to-the-original replication of the steering box with worm gear
- Double exhaust pipes made of metal
- The metal starting crank handle can turn and rotate
- True-to-the-original metal wheels with an aluminum assemblage, including the flange-mounted finned drum
- Removable wheel with an authentic four-winged ring nut (each wheel assembled from 35 single parts)
- Different tyre patterns for the front- and rear wheels
- Seats and backrest are covered in real black leather
- Steering wheel with metal spokes and a cord-wrapped rim
- Authentically replicated dashboard in a metallic finish of geometric brush markings and complete with instruments and a magneto for fuel ignition.
- Movable lever for the cockpit-hand oil pump
- Water-temperature gauge on top of the cooler cap
Special feature: Metal body screws custom-made in the famous Bugatti style. All body screws are positioned true to the original and secured by a stainless steel wire.
TECHNICAL DATA (ORIGINAL VEHICLE)
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine (double block, each with 4-cylinders)
- Overhead camshaft, 3 valves for each cylinder
- Two times Zenith-horizontal carburettor
|Maximum output:||95 hp at 6,000 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 180 km/h|
|Wheel base:||2,400 mm|
|Track front / rear:||1,200 mm|
|Total length:||3,700 mm|
The use of manufacturers’ names, symbols, type designations, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. It does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these manufacturers.
The use of racing term and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.